Releases

Releases

Postby Jazzmatazz » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:58 am

We are starting of with Mag raws, but hope to update with Tank scans as and when they are available and we have the time to.

We have Chapter 1, yay! Still looking for raw providings and if any international groups are interested in using our raws for chapters 1-3 then email: staff@deadbeat-scans.com

Chapter 1
DDL

Chapter 3
DDL

Chapter 2
DDL
Jazzmatazz
Founder

Re: Releases

Postby dabura » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:40 am

Thank you guys so very much for picking up this manga :D
The quality is excellent and the transelation is a great read.

This chapter was very interesting in setting up some themes. I loved the connection between the comic and the real world, the russian spy theme is very promising. I even loved the comic in comic more than I thought I would, now being able to read it. 8-) I already feel that Urasawa will make this into an epic story like Monster and 20th.

Thanks again for the release, and I hope you'll continue these scanlations ;)
dabura

Postby kohaku » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Great that you picked up these series. Many thanks for the release.
kohaku

Postby mathi36 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:22 pm

I haven't read any of Urasawa's series's before, so I was kinda sceptic at first, but once the story had started, I got hooked onto it! Great Drawings! Thanks for picking this up, and for getting me to read it^^.
mathi36

Postby JanPan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:02 pm

This already looks to be quite interesting. Who actually created Billy Bat? Plagiarism? Since it's Urasawa I doubt it's that simple. I love how complex his stories can get.

I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter.
JanPan

Postby oruga_xxx » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Hello. First post so before anything else, nice to meet you all :)

I've been a crazy fan of Urasawa for a while back and I'm obviously excited about the discovery of his new series.
As always, it seems to have an incredible potential and I have no doubt that it would provide an enormous quantity of joy in the upcoming releases. Hopefully it would be as good as 20th Century Boys (they have, now in the beggining of Billy Bat, a certain taste of equalty). We'll see.

In any case, your 2nd chapter release is, BY FAR, the best work I've found in the net regarding this new manga. CONGRATULATIONS and keep on that way.

JanPan wrote:This already looks to be quite interesting. Who actually created Billy Bat? Plagiarism? Since it's Urasawa I doubt it's that simple. I love how complex his stories can get.

I guess everything's an Urasawa's invention. Kevin Yamagata, Billy Bat, and the story inside the story. Even the biography of Kevin seems to be fictional, since it states "Marble Comics"... I just see it as clues to Kevin's background (military, war, ...).

At the moment I've been able to find all the published raws (which I would be honoured to share with this project) but maybe they have no quality enough to be even considered. Feel free to ask for them at vhbalmana@gmail.com, my private email.
oruga_xxx

Postby Jazzmatazz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am

Thanks for all of the posts guys!

I think I'm gonna make a chapter discussion thread and a Urasawa is awesome thread so please do stick around and contribute. Also, Kohaku I'm gonna respond to your pm in the next 30 mins or so :)
Jazzmatazz
Founder

Postby ShinjiPG » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Hey there.
First of all, thanks a lot for this translation effort! I "read" the first and second chapters RAW a couple of months ago and already thought this could be as great as 20CB, but after reading it in english, I believe Billy Bat has the chance of being even more epic than 20CB (which would be great).

But I have to say that there seems to be a problem with chapter 3 page numeration. According to what is numbered in the actual scan, it should go like this:

Billy_Bat_c03_p005.png -> 002
Billy_Bat_c03_p002.png -> 005

The rest is correct.

Other than that, you guys rock : D
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
ShinjiPG

Postby kohaku » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Jazzmatazz wrote:Thanks for all of the posts guys!

I think I'm gonna make a chapter discussion thread and a Urasawa is awesome thread so please do stick around and contribute. Also, Kohaku I'm gonna respond to your pm in the next 30 mins or so :)

I wish you did lol
kohaku

Postby Jazzmatazz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:53 pm

kohaku wrote:
Jazzmatazz wrote:Thanks for all of the posts guys!

I wish you did lol

lol, me too! Blame my old age/shoddy memory.

Also, thank you for the heads up Shinji, long time since I made a rookie mistake like wrong page order I'm shocked nobody else noticed (me included!).
Jazzmatazz
Founder

Next

Return to Billy Bat